What is Parental Alienation in a Nutshell?
The Narcissist I had the misfortune to marry has alienated by children from me.
They believe everything he has ever said about me.
The believe I am crazy, a mad woman, mentally deranged and beyind hope, up the pole and heaven knows what else he has told them about me!
Listen to Dr Childress describe it here.
Parental Alienation is child psychological abuse.
The target parent is alienated by a narcissistic parent, It messes with the attachment bond and has lifelong consequences for the child.
Parental Alienation occurs when there is a cross-generational coalition with the narcissistic parent against the target parent.
Signs of Parental Alienation
1. Suppression of the normal attachment bond towards the target ‘ normal range parent’ which does not happen in any other disorder. It is an attachment pathology caused by pathological parenting by the narcissist.
2. 5 symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder towards the targeted parent are shown:-
- Grandiose judgement of the target parent;
- a sense of entitlement toward the target parent;
- a lack of empathy towards the target parent;
- haughty behaviour;
- demonization of the target parent;
3. Victimization in that the child believes that they are the victim of the targeted parent and they have an ‘encapsulated purgatory delusion’ that the target parent is evil. Encapsulated means that it is only shown towards the target parent.
Parenthood With A Narcissist
Parenthood With a Narcissist - Emotional Abandonment “People with personality disorders have to create the illusion of a relationship while protecting themselves from a real relationship which would stir up all those bad feelings”. James F Masterson. Gordon...
Bullying Siblings 2010 Letter To Gordon
This is what happens when your children witness you being verbally and emotinally abused their entire life. They become bullies themselves. My youngest daughter complained that her brother and sister were verbally abusing her and bullying her. I was shocked and...
Admitting Triangulation Using the Children
In this text the narcissist Gordon admits to using the children in a triangulation against me. He uses them to threaten and manipulate me. He used the standard abusive language he uses regularly. "Everyone thinks its dispicable that you use the children like this.."...