What is Parental Alienation in a Nutshell?
The Narcissist I had the misfortune to marry has alienated by children from me.
They believe everything he has ever said about me.
The believe I am crazy, a mad woman, mentally deranged and beyind hope, up the pole and heaven knows what else he has told them about me!
Listen to Dr Childress describe it here.
Parental Alienation is child psychological abuse.
The target parent is alienated by a narcissistic parent, It messes with the attachment bond and has lifelong consequences for the child.
Parental Alienation occurs when there is a cross-generational coalition with the narcissistic parent against the target parent.
Signs of Parental Alienation
1. Suppression of the normal attachment bond towards the target ‘ normal range parent’ which does not happen in any other disorder. It is an attachment pathology caused by pathological parenting by the narcissist.
2. 5 symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder towards the targeted parent are shown:-
- Grandiose judgement of the target parent;
- a sense of entitlement toward the target parent;
- a lack of empathy towards the target parent;
- haughty behaviour;
- demonization of the target parent;
3. Victimization in that the child believes that they are the victim of the targeted parent and they have an ‘encapsulated purgatory delusion’ that the target parent is evil. Encapsulated means that it is only shown towards the target parent.
Gordon sent these e-mails to tell me that he was very busy in June, July and August 2008 and needed to change his times with the children. However, this contradicts his e-mails sent in January 2008 where he threatened that he was going to get an 'emergency court...
Gordon wants residency of the children so he is awarded most of the money by the court. Eighteen months after Gordon left for the final time in may 2006, he was still causing problems. He wanted as much money as he could get and was even prepared to 'apply for...
Gordon loved to use the children to manipulate and control me. The letter I wrote to him below shows an example of one of the ways he achieved this. During one of Gordons usual contact times their badminton coach had a spare session and asked if the children would...