Gordon started the verbal abuse, put down, undermining me, belittling me as soon as we met. I was used to being emotionally abused and ignored by my narcissistic parents so Gordon treated me in a manner which was familiar to me.
I met quite a lot of nice men but they were not attractive to me as they were too nice. In other words they did not behave in an abusive and controlling manner.
Abuse I received from Gordon:-
1. Mimicking my facial expressions such as raising one eyebrow.
2. Calling me names such as ‘Fat Belly Jones’.
3. Calling me ‘The College Bike’.
4. Mimicking the way I laughed.
5. Ridiculing the way I use my hands when I talk.
6. Announcing that I make everyones life a misery.
7. Telling me I am ‘crazy’, ‘mad’, ‘damaged’, ‘deranged and beyond hope’, ‘up the pole’,
8. Saying ‘everyone knows what you’re like’.
9 Saying ‘even the kids know what your like’.
10 Laughing at what I say and do.
11.Telling me to ‘be told’ .
12 Stonewalling and ignoring me.
13. Devaluing everything I do.
14. Tell’s me what I think and what I don’t think
15. Constant sarcasm.
16 Telling me that ‘all I do is …..file my nails, shop online, read, go on the computer, buy frock, buy plant’, and so on.
17. Blaming me for everything.
18 Telling me that any opinion I have is a critisism of him.
19 Belittling me in front of the children and challenging my parenting decisions.