The narcissist liked to manipulate situations with the children whereby he could make the claim that,
“Mum won’t let us” and “Mum won’t let me see you.”
One example of this is an incident which happened on New Years Eve 2007 in front of his relatives.
At some point in the evening, behind my back, he arranged to take the children for a walk on New Years Day.
This was so he could appear as the loving, attentive father in front of his family. It was all part of the facade he hid behind.
As we were gathered together at the end of the evening my son asked the narcissist what time he was calling round to take them to Delamere Forest the next day?
I was taken by surprise as I knew nothing of the arrangements.
In front of his relatives the narcissist tells a bare faced lie and says,
“Sorry Dom, your mum won’t let us.”
His game of lies and smearing me to the children is clear to me now that I know what he is – a narcissist.
His narcissistic sense of entitlement also shines through when he asks me if I can’t just put up with his disorganisation. What he is asking me to do is be at home at his beck and call in the event that the children need something. His lack of responsibility and accountability is also clearly shown.
This is a letter I wrote to Gordon.
‘Arrangement for Children
- In November 2006 I asked you to tell us in advance, what clothes, equipment, kit. etc. the children needed so that we could prepare in advance and not waste your contact time finding needed items. You stated that you would not tell me in advance because you did not know what you would be doing and went on to say you could not see the problem in telling me five minutes before.’ You ask me if I could not just ‘put up with you being disorganized.
I then called a meeting with the children to explain why I felt it a reasonable request and that I could not understand why you would not take my feelings into account.
“You agreed to tell us in advance. We would be pleased if you could remember this in future.
I wish to drop the children off at your house for contact. Please text me with the times otherwise, I will assume that it is the usual times, which we will need to confirm when completing the court documents.
When you drop off the children please say your goodbyes in the car and don’t get out. I do not wish to discuss anything with you unless pre-arranged in writing. Please put all requests and anything else you need to communicate regarding the children in writing.
I wish to cut to a minimum the opportunity you have to verbally and emotionally abuse me.
- Please do not make arrangements behind my back and at short notice and then say to the children. ‘Mum won’t let me see you.’ his is not accurate and intended by you to make me out to be unreasonable. I have explained to the children that they can see you outside contact time with notice and if nothing else has already been planned. Although you do not see the problem with this please respect my feelings on this.
- Please do not leave Alyx with your parents while you take Dom and Britt out. You can leave her with me if you do not want to spend time with her. Although you don’t see the problem with this please respect Alyx’s feelings I.e. She might feel like she is being left out and respect my wishes.
- You are welcome to take the children out individually if you wish, outside contact time. (With notice and if nothing else is already planned.)
- I have an issue with you telling the children that you do them ‘big favours’ (said to them on 1st Jan 07) i.e. that which is beyond that expected or due. if you at anytime feel you are doing them or me a favour I.e. anything which you consider to be outside your duty as their father please do not do it! I believe this is an emotionally damaging attitude to experience from a father. I resent you saying it to us and you having such and attitude. If you can’t understand my feelings on this check it out with some other people including women.
- Please take the children’s wishes into account. Their needs are paramount. I do not think is right that you drop them off at classes and go shopping etc. or to the gym when you could be interacting with them. You have in the past planned to go something else during contact time (go shopping) and this meant you were not willing to take then for coaching at Trafford. I would like you to ask them what they want to do, and to take their feelings into account, not to manipulate them into doing what you want (because you have ulterior motives like shopping, ) by presenting them with a list of reasons NOT to do what they want.
7. Contacting you by phone. On Tuesday 2nd January Dom tried to contact you to ask if you would take him to Trafford DL instead of Warrington so he could have coaching from Mark. He rang you at approx. 3.00 p.m. in the afternoon and several times after. I attempted to ring you during the evening and at 6.00 a.m. when I woke and at 8.45.a.m.
When I asked you stated that you had switched off your mobile phone because of an abusive phone call you received from me 9 days earlier on Christmas Night (after you had verbally abused me by ignoring me for 25 minutes.) You also stated that you had the right to switch your phone off. I pointed out that this might causes safety issues should one of the children be taken ill etc. You said we could contact you on your home number which had been out of use for two weeks as you pulled the connection out of the wall. You said we could leave a message and I asked if you had an answering machine. You at first replied yes, but when questioned said, ” er…no. I’ll have to get one.”
You had clearly not checked your mobile phone or you would have seen calls from our home number recorded from 3.00 in the afternoon onwards.
Also I have noted that several times during your non-contact time your phone is switched off for long periods.
You have told me in the past that you were in the gym, or had left your phone in the locker etc. left you phone at home and were using Pauls etc. Please bear in mind that the children may need to contact you at any time.
I have stated in writing that I will not contact you by telephone or text again, so that you cannot use me as an excuse. (All communication/requests must be in writing or by pre-arranged meeting. Please respect my wishes regarding this.)
Finally, I will be including a copy of this letter with the court documents and Arrangements For Children Forms required when the Divorce Petition is made.
5th January 2007
Narcissist E-Mails About Contact With Children
Gordon sent these e-mails to tell me that he was very busy in June, July and August 2008 and needed to change his times with the children. However, this contradicts his e-mails sent in January 2008 where he threatened that he was going to get an 'emergency court...
Narcissist Wants Full Custody Of The Children
Gordon wants residency of the children so he is awarded most of the money by the court. Eighteen months after Gordon left for the final time in may 2006, he was still causing problems. He wanted as much money as he could get and was even prepared to 'apply for...
Narcissist Manipulation Using His Children To Control
Gordon loved to use the children to manipulate and control me. The letter I wrote to him below shows an example of one of the ways he achieved this. During one of Gordons usual contact times their badminton coach had a spare session and asked if the children would...
Narcissist Pretends He Wants To See The Children
The narcissist wrote this letter in 2006 where he builds the facade that he cares about the children. I found out that he would drop off the children at their badminton classes and go shopping for building supplied and other shopping. If one of the children had no...
When Children Copy The Narcissist And Bully
This is what happens when the children begin to copy the narcissist. My youngest daughter aged nine at the time told me that her two siblings aged 15 and 13 were bullying her, calling her names, sniggering, laughing and ridiculing her while at their father house....
Narcissist Undermining Using the Children In Triangulation
Kumon Maths and the Narcissist The narcissist called me 'mad' and 'crazy' and 'mentally damaged ' and 'fish wife' and 'battle axe,' in front of the children. He would laugh at me, mimic me, ridicule me, in front of them. He would say things like, 'even the...